Junior 2 Squad
At Junior 2 level, swimmers really start to train. Stroke technique is further developed and swimmers become stronger.
To participate in this squad swimmers are required to:
- Regularly attend 2 classes per week
- Be approximately 8-11 years of age
- Demonstrate sound ability to swim all four strokes and perform dives
- Demonstrate basic ability to perform tumble turns
- Understand and demonstrate good lane etiquette
Mon 6.30-7.30pm - Marcia
Tue 7.00-8.00pm - Konrad
Wed 6.30-7.30pm - Marcia
Thu 7.00-8.00pm - Konrad
Fri 4.30-5.15pm (dryland) / 5.20-6.00pm (swim) - Marcia
(from October 2018 our Friday class will be held at 7.00-8.00pm)
Sun 5.30-6.30pm - Ben
Please refer to our latest training calendar for a detailed schedule for the current quarter.
During the summer school holidays, classes are held as per the summer holiday schedule.
The objective of this squad is to:
- develop stroke technique & skills
- develop good training methods
- build a sense of team belongingness
- increase speed
- improve endurance
- provide opportunities to try competitive swimming