Tateswim's Sprinters Squad is for committed young swimmers training to compete at state level.
To participate in this squad swimmers are required to:
- Attend an average of 3-4+ sessions per week (there are 6 available)
- Have the desire to become a swimmer and train as an athlete
- Join M1 Swimming Club and participate at nominated swim meets
- Be approximately 10-13 years old
- Demonstrate good technique and an ability to cope with the required training volume and intensity
Attendance is recommended all year round for best performance outcomes. Tateswim has a one week non-training period each school holiday.
Swimmers may attend any of the following sessions each week:
Mon 6.30-7.20pm (dryland) / 7.30-8.30pm (swim)
Fri 4.30-5.15pm (dryland @ MARC studio) / 5.20-6.00pm (swim)
Coaches will nominate approximately 12 swim meets over the course of the season which swimmers will be encouraged to enter. These meets will be listed under 'M1 Black' on the M1 Swimming Club website.
The following meets are considered priority meets for Sprinters:
Short Course Season
- M1 Short Course Gala
- Metro Short Course Competition
- Victorian Age Short Course Championships
Long Course Season
- M1 Summer Gala
- Victorian Age Championships
- Victorian Sprint Meet
- M1 Club Championship Gala
- All Junior Competition