Junior 2 Squad
At Junior 2 level, swimmers really start to train. Stroke technique is further developed and swimmers become stronger.
To participate in this squad swimmers are required to:
- Regularly attend 2 classes per week
- Be approximately 8-11 years of age
- Demonstrate sound ability to swim all four strokes and perform dives
- Demonstrate basic ability to perform tumble turns
- Understand and demonstrate good lane etiquette
Mon 6.30-7.30pm - Marcia
Tue 7.00-8.00pm - Konrad
Wed 6.30-7.30pm - Marcia
Thu 7.00-8.00pm - Konrad
Fri 4.30-5.15pm (dryland) / 5.20-6.00pm (swim) - Marcia
Sun 5.30-6.30pm - Ben
Please refer to our latest training calendar for a detailed schedule for the current quarter.
During the summer school holidays, classes are held as per the summer holiday schedule.
The objective of this squad is to:
- develop stroke technique & skills
- develop good training methods
- build a sense of team belongingness
- increase speed
- improve endurance
- provide opportunities to try competitive swimming
Swimmers can choose to take part in swimming competitions by joining our club - M1 Swimming Club. For more details, click here.
Coaches will nominate approximately 10 swim meets over the course of the swimming season which swimmers will be encouraged to enter. These meets will be listed under 'M1 Yellow' on the M1 Swimming Club website.