Junior 1 Squad
Junior 1 is an exciting level in a swimmer's journey as this is where swimmers make a significant transformation.
To participate in this squad swimmers are required to:
- Regularly attend 2 or more sessions per week
- Be approximately 8 - 11 years old
- Demonstrate good ability to swim all four strokes and perform dives
- Demonstrate sound ability to perform tumble turns
- Understand and demonstrate good lane etiquette
Swimmers may attend any of the following sessions each week:
Mon 7.00-8.00pm - Owen
Tue 7.00-8.00pm - Richard
Wed 6.30-7.30pm - Owen
Thu 7.00-8.00pm - Richard
Fri 4.30-5.15pm (dryland) / 5.20-6.00pm (swim) - Richard
Please refer to our latest training calendar for a detailed schedule for the current quarter.
During the summer school holidays, classes are held as per the summer holiday schedule.
The objective of this squad is to:
- spark the swimmer's desire to challenge themselves
- further develop technique, skills and training methods
- improve fitness and speed
- become stronger mentally and physically