Junior 1 Squad
Junior 1 is an exciting level in a swimmer's journey as this is where swimmers make a significant transformation.
To participate in this squad swimmers are required to:
- Regularly attend 2 or more sessions per week
- Be approximately 8 - 11 years old
- Demonstrate good ability to swim all four strokes and perform dives
- Demonstrate sound ability to perform tumble turns
- Understand and demonstrate good lane etiquette
The following times are a guide to the standard required at this level:
- 50 Freestyle - Under 55 seconds
- 50 Backstroke - under 65 seconds
- 50 Breastroke - under 65 seconds
- 50 Butterfly - under 65 seconds
Swimmers may attend any of the following sessions each week:
Mon 7.00-8.00pm - Owen
Tue 7.00-8.00pm - Richard
Wed 6.30-7.30pm - Owen
Thu 7.00-8.00pm - Richard
Fri 4.30-5.15pm (dryland) / 5.20-6.00pm (swim) - Richard
Please refer to our latest training calendar for a detailed schedule for the current quarter.
During the summer school holidays, classes are held as per the summer holiday schedule.
The objective of this squad is to:
- spark the swimmer's desire to challenge themselves
- further develop technique, skills and training methods
- improve fitness and speed
- become stronger mentally and physically
Swimmers can choose to take part in swimming competitions by joining our club - M1 Swimming Club. For more details, click here.
Coaches will nominate approximately 10 swim meets over the course of the swimming season which swimmers will be encouraged to enter. These meets will be listed under 'M1 Red' on the M1 Swimming Club website.